6/13/10

"I'm Out to Bomb like Vietnam"


"Wrong Side of Da Tracks" has to be one of my favorite songs of all time of any genre. Tame One and El Da Sensei kick raps about tagging and piecing while producer T-Ray flips 9th Creation's "Bubblegum". This song is the hip-hop graffiti anthem. Although many others made songs about graf, none of the songs came close to "Wrong Side of Da Tracks".

You could imagine my excitement when I found this VLS. I got the single just for "Wrong Side of Da Tracks" but was surprised when the b-side was just as good. "Flexin' Wit Da Tech (Nique)" isn't exactly popular but it really bumps. I always love Jeru vocal samples. There's even a third song on the single called "Whassup Now Muthaf*cka?" but it doesn't include the clean version. Both "Flexin' Wit Da Tech" and "Whassup Now Muthaf*cka?" come with Bonus Beats while "Wrong Side of Da Tracks" come with a full instrumental. All the beats are dope and the rhymes are superb. Tame One even won T.R.O.Y.'s Most Underrated MC Tournament. So do yourself a favor and check out this dope single.

Tracklisting:
01 - Wrong Side of Da Tracks (clean)
02 - Wrong Side of Da Tracks (dirty)
03 - Wrong Side of Da Tracks (instr)
04 - Flexin' Wit Da Tech (Nique) (clean)
05 - Flexin' Wit Da Tech (Nique) (dirty)
06 - Flexin' Wit Da Tech (Nique) (bonus beats)
07 - Whassup Now Muthaf*cka? (dirty)
08 - Whassup Now Muthaf*cka? (bonus beats)

Download it here! (via DivShare)


1 comment:

  1. Great, great single. I was just thinking of trying to find a decent cheap copy to have in the crates.
    Wrong Side is definitely the greatest graf song ever made, matter fact, I don't even like most others. As a side note, this Meyhem Lauren graf anthem is maybe the only other graf song that I really dig. Check it, good for new ish:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hRp7XyFJxrY

    But word, when Wrong Side first dropped, oh shit, for being a tagger back then and an NJ head, this shit was a huge anthem and always will be.
    Thanks for the rip.

    ReplyDelete